Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ajo blanco (White garlic soup)



  • This chilled summer soup practically makes itself, you just have to supervise.
  • Put twice as much blanched almond to day-old bread in a food processor.
  • Add a finely chopped garlic clove (I don't trust my food processor to do this correctly but if you trust yours, be my guest).
  • Pour in some satifying glugs of olive oil, and a splash of sherry vinegar.
  • Season with salt, and start whizzing. Add water until you have the desired consistency. Chill.
  • Wait until hungry.
  • Serve with slices of white grape.

What did it taste like: Hummous. Kind of. It's a different and delicious soup and perfect with the addition of grapes.

Tip: The consistency should not be too thick, otherwise it's like eating dip, and ensure that it is well chilled. Although I love garlic, I am a bit scared of it raw. I always use less than other recipes. I was happy with the strength in this soup, it was obviously one of the main ingredients, but it didn't stay with me for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment